| ||"His repertoire is astounding. A lilting full sound... so complete, the range so high, it can’t possibly come from one set of lungs or lips. But it does." -- Associated Press |
Jason has won First Place in the duet, popular and allied arts categories at the Carson City, NV Whistle-offs and the Louisburg, NC International Whistler's Competitions. He received the Second Place Grand Champion trophy at the 1993 International Whistler's Convention, and Third Place Grand Champion in 2003. He served as a judge for the 2007 competition.
"...enrapturing his audience with his high melodic waterfall whistle." -- San Francisco Examiner
Jason was also titled "One Of The Ten Best Shows In California Theme Parks" by PSA In-Flight Magazine for his performances at San Francisco’s Pier 39, Cannery, and Ghirardelli Square.
In recognition of his many contributions to the art of whistling, he received the Lillian Williams Achievement Award in 1993. In 2003, he was inducted into the Whistler’s Hall of Fame.
"...what can only be described as a magical gift."
-- California Today
CD-QUALITY DOWNLOADS OF JASON’S OUT-OF-PRINT WHISTLING CD ARE AVAILABLE. THERE’S EVEN A COLLECTOR’S ITEM CASSETTE TAPE. ALL OF JASON’S MOST POPULAR REPERTOIRE, INCLUDING WOODSTOCK’S ARIA, IS INCLUDED. TO ORDER, PLEASE
For a few of the many articles on Jason’s whistling, please see:
- "Shoot from the Lip" San Francisco Cronicle July 26, 2007
- "The Kilduff File" in the September 2007 East Bay Monthly
"Suddenly the air was penetrated with sounds as otherworldly as mythological Greek sirens ...For those who are skeptical of Serinus' talents, hearing the human songbird will turn them into believers."
-- The Los Angeles Times
Jason Victor Serinus’ performance credits include:
• The Voice of Woodstock in the Emmy-nominated Peanuts cartoon, "She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown." Jason whistled Giacomo Puccini’s aria “O mio babbino caro” from the opera Gianni Schicchi. "She's a Good Skate" is slated for release on Apple TV and is also available on YouTube.
-- Lee Mendelson, Peanuts TV cartoon producer
• Nationally televised appearances on The Tonight Show, Merv Griffin Show, Kids are People Too, John Davidson Show, You Asked for It, That’s Incredible, Real People, Evening/PM Magazine, CBS Sunday Morning, West German National Television and Austrian National Television.
• Stroh's Beer radio commercial
• Soundtrack for Miramax’s Reindeer Games starring Ben Affleck.
• Holland America Alaska cruise entertainment
• New Orleans World's Fair entertainment
• Sonoma County Fair, featured entertainment, Peanuts Pavilion, 2007
• Solo appearances with the Berkeley Symphony Orchestra, Diablo Symphony Orchestra, and an Oakland Symphony octet
• Duet performance with mezzo-soprano Frederica von Stade
• San Francisco Ballet accompanist in the Bach duet "Puppenspiel"
• San Francisco Opera Fair and Opera Walk, Berkeley Opera Gala, Opera Guilds International, and Association of California Symphony Orchestras
• Cabrillo Music Festival lawn entertainment
"Jason Victor Serinus, master whistler and ‘The Voice of Woodstock,’ who’s not just unique and fun, but a real performer and, of course, one helluva warbler, ‘The Pavarotti of Pucker.’"
-- Gerald Nachman, San Francisco Chronicle
• Opening act for Leo Kottke, Kenny Rankin and other performers
• College performances at Stanford, UC Davis, SF State, San Jose State, College of Marin, Ohlone, Chabot, Kresge, De Anza, Contra Costa, Santa Rosa Jr., Sacramento State, Colorado State, Simon Frazer, Brigham Young, and UC Santa Cruz
• Soloist with the San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Chorus, SF Freedom Day Marching Band, East Bay Gay Men's Chorus, SF and East Bay Pride Festivals, Viva Variety Show benefits, and a host of other community organizations and benefits. San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus after the marching band.
• Chapel of the Chimes annual Oakland New Music Event
• Featured contributor to the book How to Whistle Like a Pro by David Harp (musical ipress)
•Over 30 years performing in dance pioneer Anna Halprin's Planetary Dance, healing rituals, and community celebrations
• Broward County Youth Fair, CA Harvest Festivals, SF Emporium, Liberty House, the Cannery, Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Xmas Parades and celebrations, Bay Area Street Fairs inc. Castro, Polk, Union, Noe Valley, Folsom, and the Solano Stroll
• Performances at four of Seattle’s annual Moisture Festival.
To order downloads or cassettes of Jason's music, click here
Based in the Pacific Northwest, Jason is available for weddings, parties, Bar Mitzvahs, funerals, conventions, celebrations, voice-overs, soundtracks, and whistling lessons/clinics. When live accompaniment is not available, he performs with cassette and CD accompaniment.
Jason is a member of the AFTRA and SAG performing unions, as well as the Music Critics Association of North America (MCANA).
The online Orawhistle group, moderated by Linda Hamilton, is open to all whistlers, would-be whistlers, and lovers of the art of whistling in all countries. See https://groups.io/g/Orawhistle.
Thanks to everyone who is helping to create a worldwide community of whistlers.
Jason also uses his whistling for healing purposes. Click here for more information.
Music Jason Victor Serinus performs on television and in concert includes:
"Musetta's Waltz," "O mio babbino caro," "La Canzone di Doretta," "Entrance of Butterfly," "Un bel di," and "Vissi d’arte" (Puccini); "It's Only a Paper Moon" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (Arlen); "Italian Street Song" (Herbert); "The Rose" (McBroom); "Blue Skies" (Berlin); "Dove sono," "Non mi dir," "Voi che sapete," "Vedrai carino," "Il mio tesoro," "Dies bildnis," "the andante from Exsultate, Jubilate," and "Deh vieni non tardar" (Mozart); "Stars and Stripes Forever" (Sousa); "On the Sunny Side of the Street" (McHugh); "Vilia" and "Dein ist mein ganzes herz" (Lehar); "The Way You Look Tonight" (Kern); "Standchen" and "Wiegenlied" (Richard Strauss); "D’amor sull’ali rosée" and "Ernani, involami" (Verdi); "Summertime" (Gershwin); "Up on the Roof" (King); "Du Bist die Ruh," "Seligkeit" and a host of other songs (Schubert); "O Had I Jubal's Lyre" (Handel); "Indian Love Call" (Friml, with Hokum W. Jeebs on toy piano and saw); and "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Beautiful Dreamer" (Foster).
Other composers whose music Jason performs include Porter, Bernstein, Rodgers, Loewe, Weill, Britten, Debussy, Ravel, Schumann, Brahms, J. Strauss, Jr., Donaudy, Cilea, Bellini, and J.S. Bach.